1. Food & Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) 2006.
2. Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
3. Ross. A. and Isaac. S. 2004. The Net Effect? A review of cetacean by catch in pelagic trawls and other fisheries in the North-East Atlantic. London. UK; Greenpeace Environmental Trust.
4. Worldwatch Institute - State of the World 2008: Innovations for a Sustainable Economy
5. Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
6. Chandroo. K.P., Duncan. I.J.H. and Moccia. R.D. 2004. Can fish suffer?: perspectives on sentience, pain, fear and stress. Applied Animal Behaviour Science. 86: 225-250.
7. Mettam. JJ., Verhove. M., Van der Linden. A., Oulton. L., McCroahn. CR., and Sneddon. LU. 2008. The detection and alleviation of pain in fish. Recent Advances in Animal Welfare Science. UFAW Animal Welfare Conference.
8. Elwood. R.W., and Appel. M. 2009. Animal Behaviour. Pain experience in hermit crabs. Elsevier Publishing
9. Phillip Lymbery. 2002. In Too Deep – The welfare of intensively farmed fish. Compassion in World Farming Trust.
10. Animal Aid. 2006. The Fishing Industry – The Greatest Animal Welfare Scandal of our time?
11. Robb, D.H.F., Wotton, S.B., McKinstry, J.L., Sørensen N.K. and Kestin, S.C. 2000. Commercial slaughter methods used on Atlantic Salmon; determination of the onset of brain failure by electroencephalography. Veterinary Record 147, 298-303.
12. Brown. A. 2003. Stunning fish before death considered by EU. The Times.
13. Van de Vis., Kestin. S., Robb. D., Oehlenschläger. J., Lambooij. B., Münkner. W., Kuhlmann. H., Kloosterboer. K., Tejada. M., Huidobro. A., Otterå. H., Roth. B., Sørensen. N.K., Akse. L., Byrne. H. and Nesvadba. P. 2003. Is humane slaughter of fish possible for industry? Aquaculture Research. 34, 211-220.
14. De Boer, M.N., Keith.S and Simmonds. M.P. (2006) Cetaceans and Pelagic Trawl Fisheries in the Western approaches of the English Channel. Whale & Dolphin Conservation Society / Greenpeace Study.
15. Read AJ, Drinker P, Northridge S., 2003. By-catches of marine mammals in US fisheries and a first attempt to estimate the magnitude of global marine mammal by-catch. Paper SC/55/BC, Scientific Committee of the IWC. 12 pp.
16. Carl. D Soulsbury, Graziella Iossa and Stephen Harris. 2008. The Animal Welfare Implications of Cetacean Deaths in Fisheries. Whale and dolphin Conservation Society.
17. Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society. 2008. Shrouded by the Sea. The animal welfare implications of cetacean bycatch in fisheries – a summary document.
18. New Scientist. ‘Fisherman’s Friend’. May 8th 2004.
19. Bio Ed Online. ‘Half our fish are now farmed’ September 6th 2006.
20. Respect for Animals. ‘Information on the hunt’. 2006.
21. ‘Commercial Cull’. New Scientist. May 2006.
22. New Scientist. ‘Whales, seals and fishermen rarely take the same prey’. May 17th 2004.
23. Kaschner. K., Watson. R., Christensen. V., Trites. A. and Pauly. D. 2004. Modelling and mapping trophic overlap between marine mammals and fisheries on a global scale: implications for fisheries management, (Abstract). 4th World Fisheries Congress, May 2-6, 2004, Vancouver, Canada.
24. Greenpeace. Icelandic Whaling.
25. Clover, C. 2004. ‘The End of the Line: How over fishing is changing the world and what we eat.’ Edbury Press, London.
26. Awkerman. J.A., Huyvaert. K.P., Mangel. J., Shigueto. J.A. and Anderson. D.J. 2006. Incidental and intentional catch threatens Galapagos waved albatross. Journal of Biological Conservation. 133: 483-489.
27. International Union for Conservation of Nature. 2008. Red List. Status of the world’s marine species.
28. Baumuller. H. 2010. Combatting Illegal Fishing in the EU: Interaction with WTO Rules. Chatham House
29. Nicholson-Lord, D. 2004. ‘Poisoning Ourselves’. August 28th 44-45.
30. International Council for the Exploration of the Sea. Press Release. October 16th 2006.
31. Food and Agriculture Organisation. The State of World fisheries and aquaculture 2008
32. Worm, B., Barbier, E.B., Beaumont, N., Duffy, J.E., Folke, C., Halpern, B.S., Jackson, J.B.C., Lotze, H.K., Micheli, F., Palumbi, S.R., Sala, E., Selkoe, K., Stachowicz, J.J. and Watson, R. 2006. Impacts of biodiversity loss on ocean ecosystem services. Science 314, 787-790
33. Brown, R. 2000. ‘Fish farming may soon over take cattle ranching as a food source.’ Worldwatch Institute.
34. Sunday Herald. ‘400 breaches of fish farm pollution limits in three years’. 1st October 2006.
35. New Scientist. ‘GM Fish-farming ‘too risky’’. September 3rd 2002.
36. Marine Conservation Society 2006.
37. Food Standards Agency
Any questions regarding this information sheet please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | Last updated April 2010
< Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6