1. Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs.
2. Soil Association.
3. Red Meat Industry Forum.
4. Lou. H. and Hurnick. J.F. 1994. An Ellipsoid Farrowing Crate: Its Ergonomical Design and Effects on Pig Productivity. Journal of Animal Science. 72: 2610-2616.
5. Cronin. G.M., Dunsmore. B. and Leeson. E. 1998. The effects of farrowing nest size and width on sow and piglet behaviour and piglet survival. Applied Animal Behaviour Science. 60: 331-345.
6. Johnson. A.K.,Morrow-Tesch. J.L and McGlone. J.J. 2001. Behaviour and performance of lactating sows and piglets reared indoors or outdoors. Journal of Animal Science. 79: 2571-2579.
7. Hötzel. M.J., Filho. L.C.P.M and Costa. O.A.D. 2005. Behaviour of pre-parturient sows housed in intensive outdoor or indoor systems. Animal Science. 40(2): 169-174.
8. Anil. M.H. and McKinstry. J.L. 1998. Variations in electrical stunning tong placements and relative consequences in slaughter pigs. The Veterinary Journal. 155: 85-90.
9. Anil. M.H. and McKinstry. J.L. 1993. Results of a survey of pig abattoirs in England & Wales. Tolworth, London: MAFF Meat Hygiene Division.
10. Anil. M.H., Whittington. P.E. and McKinstry. J.L. 2000. The effect of the sticking method on the welfare of slaughter pigs. Meat Science. 55: 315-319.
11. Farm Animal Welfare Council. Report on the Welfare of Farmed Animals at Slaughter or Killing. Part 1: Red Meat Animals. June 2003.
Any questions regarding this information sheet please contact email@example.com | Last updated March 2011
< Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5