1. Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
2. Milk Development Council (MDC)
3. National farmers Union
4. Marchant-Forde, J.N., Marchant-Forde, R.M. and Weary, D.M. 2002. Responses of dairy cows and calves to each others vocalisations after early separation. Applied Animal Behaviour Science. 78: 19-28
5. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
6. The Dairy Council
7. Webster. J. 1995. Animal Welfare. A Cool Eye Towards Eden. p169 to 170.
8. Compassion in World Farming.
9. The Soil Association.
10. The Soil Association. Animal Welfare - some common questions answered.
11. Where’s the beef?
12. Dairy Herd Health and Productivity Service
13. World Organisation for Animal Health
14. Anil. M.H., Symonds. H and Gregory. N.G. 1992. Increased vertebral artery blood flow following neck sticking in slaughter calves. Paper given at conference of Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers, Scarborough.
15. Anil. M.H., McKinstry. J.L., Gregory. N.G. and Wotton. S.B. 1995a. Welfare of Calves – 1. Investigations into some aspects of calf slaughter. Meat Science. Vol 41: (2) 113-123.
Any questions regarding this information sheet please contact email@example.com | Last updated February 2010
<Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6