Local network section:
Start a vegetarian group at university or college
Does your college or university have its own vegetarian society? If not, (and your university is based in the UK), why not start one yourself?
Why start a student vegetarian group?
- To support new students – who may be cooking for themselves or trying a vegetarian diet for the first time. A vegetarian group can help with information, advice and support.
- To provide accurate information about vegetarianism and all the issues it encompasses, such as animal welfare, the environment, healthy eating, world food resources. We can supply you with all the leaflets and posters you'll ever need to encourage debate.
- To encourage the caterers and shops at your university, or the town where your university is based, to provide more and better vegetarian choices.
- To get the vegetarian viewpoint known to the people on campus and in the area where your university is based.
- To provide an opportunity for socialising with likeminded people.
You can download a 'step-by-step' guide to starting your own vegetarian group and we have further information on how we can help.
Next > 1 | 2