Cordon Vert’s ‘Best of British’ Fish Free Ocean Pie
13 February 2013
Eager that people can enjoy a taste of the ocean without the fish, Cordon Vert vegetarian cookery school has created its ‘Best of British’ Fish Free Ocean Pie. You can have all the great taste, without damaging ever-dwindling fish stocks.
Alex Connell, Principal Tutor at Cordon Vert, says “Our Ocean Pie is made using seaweed, smoked tofu and oyster mushrooms and is topped with fluffy mashed potato. The pie mimics the flavour of the sea, without harming our fishy friends.”
Learn how to make Ocean Pie (which featured on the Hairy Bikers’ ‘Best of British’ TV show), by attending Cordon Vert’s Best of British course, where you’ll also be taught how to make other classics including Lancashire hotpot and lemon meringue pie. The next Best of British course takes place on 8 March. For more information on professional and leisure courses visit www.cordonvert.co.uk or call 0161 925 2000.
The Cordon Vert cookery school has an unrivalled reputation for excellent and innovative vegetarian cuisine drawing on a variety of international flavours and ingredients reflecting current trends in world cuisine with fresh and imaginative ideas. You can follow the school on Twitter @cordonvert or Facebook/cordonvertcookeryschool.
Notes for editors
- For more press information please contact Su or Liz on 0161 925 2012/2013 email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com mobile 07973 108 165/7.
- For high quality recipe images and pictures of the cookery school, please contact the press office.
- A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or the by-products of slaughter.
- Diary date: National Vegetarian Week 2013 is from 20-26 May, contact Su or Liz for a press pack.
- You can see the Ocean Pie recipe and image online: http://www.cordonvert.co.uk/cv08/cv.aspx?page=20&article=155