It’s not rocket science – it’s surprisingly simple
National Vegetarian Week 20 - 26 May 2013
Go veggie it’s surprisingly simple
Our world is complicated enough and one surprisingly simple change will benefit your health, the environment and animals. Go vegetarian isn’t rocket science, it’s just delicious. Go on give it a go for a week!
• Don’t think it’s difficult, it’s not – be positive.
• Get your hands on a copy of the Vegetarian Society’s Going Veggie booklet available at www.nationalvegetarianweek.org or by calling 0161 925 2000.
• Take a walk in the meat-free sections of the supermarket, you’ll be surprised what’s available.
• Don’t get anxious about having to ‘substitute’ the ‘missing’ meat – you don’t need it! Enjoy all those amazing vegetables and pulses instead.
• Start making vegetarian versions of your favourite meals. For example, spaghetti bolognese = replacing beef mince with quorn mince.
• It’s not all sackcloth and ashes worthiness – live a little.
• Discover lots of new products at www.vegsocapproved.com
• Breakfast: toast, cereal and porridge, see you are probably already doing it!
• Lunch: easy veggie meal deals, veggie wraps, sandwiches, veggie sushi, veggie burritos.
• Dinner time/tea: Don’t fancy cooking - take away! Veggie pizza, veggie Chinese, veggie curries, even the chippy (cheese and onion pie and chips anyone?).
• Snacks: chocolate, crisps, biscuits and cake all mainly veggie, and you could always go wild and eat some fruit!
Notes for editors
• For more press information please contact Su or Liz on 0161 925 2012/2013 email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile 07973 108 165/7, visit www.vegsoc.org/press
• For images, recipes and graphics to illustrate the Week please contact Su or Liz.