It’s not rocket science – it’s surprisingly simple
National Vegetarian Week 20 - 26 May 2013
Simply get involved
It’s surprisingly simple to get involved in National Vegetarian Week 2013 – just visit the website for inspiration.
• Deck the halls - dress your physical and virtual environment up for National Vegetarian Week (NVW) 2013. The Vegetarian Society has posters, banners, flyers and packs available to order or download at www.nationalvegetarianweek.org
• Try out a recipe - online discover our 7 new, tasty and surprisingly simple recipes for you to try out, all created by real veggies who use them all the time.
• Hold an event - if you are a shop, restaurant or pub create a special menu, give discounts or host an event (tastings, talks, displays). Visit the NVW site for ideas and inspiration.
• Go veggie for the week - visit the NVW site for information on how to go and stay veggie for the week - order a Going Veggie guide and check out all the recipes and info available.
• But what do you eat? - For NVW 2013 we want to show the UK what vegetarians eat. We’re collecting fuss free veggie food pictures to show variety and tastiness. Visit the website for more details.
• Ultimate Beans on Toast - the most basic of meals is a perfect example of a veggie dish that even non-veggies enjoy. On the NVW website we’ll be displaying beans on toast sent in by the public - with their own veggie twist.
Our world is complicated enough and one surprisingly simple change will benefit your health, the environment and animals. Going vegetarian isn’t rocket science, it’s just delicious.
Notes for editors
• For more press information please contact Su or Liz on 0161 925 2012/2013 email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile 07973 108 165/7, visit www.vegsoc.org/press
• For images, recipes and graphics to illustrate the Week please contact Su or Liz.