Meet Matt, he’s a cat man!
12 May 2014
Meet Matt, Winnie and Alan. Matt’s a cat man, Winnie loves her granddaughter and having adventures, and Alan wishes he loved his waistline a little more! These three are the lead characters in the Vegetarian Society’s brand new set of films called ‘Every Meal Counts’. They aren’t veggies but they’re each starting to think about what they eat for their own reasons. Visit www.everymealcounts.org to watch the films and you can see how your meals count too by taking the short online test. Launched in time for National Vegetarian Week 2014 visit everymealcounts.org and discover the difference you can make.
Lynne Elliot, the Vegetarian Society’s Chief Executive said, “Matt, Winnie and Alan are all discovering how their meals can have a positive impact on the environment, animal welfare and their health. It’s the small everyday steps that make a big difference and we hope these fun films will help to show how every meal really does count.”
For news and updates on National Vegetarian Week 2014 visit www.nationalvegetarianweek.org where you can sign up for the e-newsletter, follow @NVW2014 on Twitter or visit the Facebook page.
The Vegetarian Society, founded in 1847, inspires and supports people to be vegetarian. The charity organises National Vegetarian Week (19 - 25 May 2014), runs the Cordon Vert vegetarian cookery school, and provides services to support those pursuing a vegetarian way of life, including the Vegetarian Society Approved trademark scheme. Find out more at www.vegsoc.org
Notes for editors
- For more press information please contact Su on 0161 925 2012 email email@example.com mobile 07973 108 165, visit www.vegsoc.org/press
- For images or stats to illustrate everymealcounts.org or the Week please contact Su.
- Now in its twenty-second year National Vegetarian Week (NVW) is the annual awareness-raising campaign.
- If you are looking for recipes then we have new recipes and images available please contact Su.
- The films have been created for the Vegetarian Society by Raw visit www.weareraw.co.uk