- 175g dried whole apricots, chopped in half
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- 75g margarine
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 75g oat flakes
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 25g pecan nuts
- Soak the apricots for 3-4 hours in 300ml hot water. Bring to the boil in the same water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. The apricots should be fairly soft.
- Mix in the marmalade. Then put the mixture including all the liquid into a greased oven-proof dish. Add a little more water if necessary to cover the fruit.
- To make the crumble topping, rub the margarine into the flour, then add the oats and sugar. Reserve 8 pecan nuts and grind the rest coarsely. Add these to the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the fruit. Arrange the whole pecan nuts on top. Bake the crumble at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?