Suitable for Freezing
For the cake
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g butter or margarine
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp milk or soya milk
- 500g digestive biscuits
- 200g apricots
- 100g roast hazelnuts, chopped
For the topping
- 300g dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water (the water should not touch the bowl).
- Add the butter or vegan margarine*, golden syrup and milk or soya milk* and stir.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the crushed digestive biscuits, apricots and hazelnuts. Mix well.
- Line a shallow baking tray (approximately 25cm x 40cm) with parchment paper. Spoon in the chocolate biscuit mixture, press down well and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. When melted, carefully spoon over the cake and spread evenly. Return to the fridge until set.
- Cut into 40 pieces and serve. Will keep for up to three days in the fridge, in an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?