- 2 large aubergines, cut lengthways into thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 x 210g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 15g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 10g fresh mint, chopped
- 100g vegetarian feta cheese
- Heat a griddle pan or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Place the slices of aubergine on the pan and cook each side for 3 minutes until lightly charred and tender. Once each slice is cooked, place them all in a large bowl and cover with clingfilm. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combining the oil and vinegar in a small bowl and whisking.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Take each aubergine slice and roughly tear into strips (you can also use kitchen scissors for this) then add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and combine, adding in salt and pepper. Next, throw in the pomegranate seeds, parsley and mint leaves then lightly toss.
- Divide the aubergine mixture between 2 plates and sprinkle with feta before serving.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?