- 3 aubergines, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Thumb sized piece ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 400ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 100g spinach
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- 400g Basmati rice
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Cube your aubergines. Add them to a pan with no oil and cook on a medium heat until they are nice and browned and shrivelled. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan and then throw in the chopped red pepper, chopped onion, 2 finely sliced cloves of garlic and the grated ginger. Add the turmeric and the garam masala. Mix everything together.
- At this point, get your rice on (cook following pack instructions).
- Once the onions are softened, add the peanut butter.
- Mix it in, and then pour in the coconut milk and the chickpeas (with the chickpea water). Mix everything together, and then add the aubergines and the spinach.
- Bubble the curry down until it is nice and thick (should be 5-6 minutes on a medium heat).
- When the curry is ready, add a handful of chopped coriander and squeeze in the juice of the lime. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?