- 150g Savoy cabbage, washed and shredded
- 60g Puy lentils
- 250ml reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large wholemeal pitta bread
- Rinse the lentils under cold running water to remove any stones.
- Place the lentils in a medium-sized saucepan, then add vegetable stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender but still with a bite.
- While the lentils are cooking, make the dressing by adding together the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain the lentils, then, in the same saucepan, combine with half of the dressing whilst still warm. Set aside to cool.
- Blanch the prepared cabbage in boiling water for one minute, then drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl add the lentils, cabbage and avocado. Add the lemon juice and the remaining dressing and combine well.
- Serve with warmed wholemeal pitta bread.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?