Suitable for Freezing
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can black beans or pinto beans, drained
- 1 x 220g can red kidney beans, drained
- 125ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 85g tomato purée
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 10g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- A dash of olive oil (for greasing)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Add all the ingredients except for the sweet potato wedges to a large baking dish and mix well.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, place the sweet potato wedges on a greased baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Serve the beans in bowls accompanied by the wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?