For the Noodles
- 400g rice udon noodles
- 160g tempeh
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 40g spring onion, trimmed and thinly cut on an angle
- 120g pickled sushi ginger
- 4 tsp wasabi paste
- 30g mixed sprouted lentils and alfalfa seeds
- To cook the noodles: Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes until tender. Drain, run under cold water to cool down for 1 minute, drain again and set aside.
- To prepare the tempeh: Break tempeh into small pieces and in a bowl combine with the olive oil until coated.
- Place under a medium grill for 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and combine with the tempeh, tamari and spring onion.
- To assemble: Divide the tempeh, noodle and spring onion mixture into four bento boxes.
- Sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds.
- Divide the sprouted lentils and seeds, the pickled sushi ginger and the wasabi paste between the remaining compartments of the bento boxes.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?