- 100g green beans, topped and tailed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 x 400g can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the beans for 1 minute. Drain the beans and run under cold water so they retain their colour.
- Heat a small frying pan and add the pumpkin seeds. Move around the pan to toast for a couple of minutes then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the black beans in a medium mixing bowl with the green beans and all remaining ingredients, except the avocado, and combine well and season.
- Serve the bean mixture in small bowls and top with slices of avocado.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?