for the 'raw' chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
for the burritos bowl
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ small lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp siracha sauce
- To taste black pepper
for the buddha bowl layers
- 225g quinoa, cooked as directed on the pack and chilled
- 100g kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 325g sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 1 large carrot, roughly grated
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- To make the chilli: Prepare the chilli, place the spices, rapeseed oil, lime juice and zest into a small bowl. Whisk together with a fork until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the red pepper, diced onion, black beans, tomatoes and half of the coriander. Gently stir through the dressing.
- To make the burrito bowl dressing: Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Season with black pepper.
- To serve: Divide the quinoa between big shallow bowls and top spoonfuls of chilli, kale, sweetcorn, carrots and red onion, placed side by side. Serve with a drizzle of dressing and sprinkle over the remaining coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?