- 100g frozen broad beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 100g watercress
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- A few chives, chopped
- Set a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender. Drain and put into a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, nutmeg and black pepper. Blend lightly to a coarse texture.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small, non-stick frying pan, crack in the eggs and fry.
- While the eggs are frying toast or grill the bread and then place on a plate and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place watercress on each plate alongside the toasted sourdough and coat with the lemon juice, a dash of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the beans over the toast and sit a fried egg on top, then sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?