For the main salad
- 500g broccoli, cut into very small florets
- 100g couscous
- 200ml vegan stock
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 20g cashew nuts
- 2 courgettes, spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 20g pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the garnish
- A selection of Edible flowers or herbs
- Place the broccoli into a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. This will prevent the broccoli from over cooking and will retain the colour. Drain thoroughly.
- Put the couscous into a bowl and pour over 200ml stock to rehydrate, leaving for 5 minutes. Add the peas.
- Place the sliced peppers onto a hot griddle pan. Cook for between 3 and 5 minutes, or until sear lines are formed.
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Allow to stand for a moment and then carefully toss the salad.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?