Suitable for Freezing
- 2 free-range eggs
- 75g light brown sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 150g self-raising flour, sieved
- 175g carrots, grated
- 75g sultanas
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 30g icing sugar (for a light icing)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 drops orange food colouring, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Grease and line a 450g loaf tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl then blend in the oil. Gradually add the flour, stirring continually with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the carrots, sultanas, ginger and nutmeg, mixing everything together until it is evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin, ensuring that it is evenly spread out. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack. You can freeze it for later at this point if you like.
- Mix the icing ingredients together. When cake has cooled, top with icing, slice and serve.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?