For the lattice top
- 500g vegetarian or vegan puff pastry, in a block
- Some flour, for rolling out
For the filling
- 500g leeks, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 200ml milk or soya milk
- 100g vegetarian or vegan cheese
- 100g vegetarian or vegan cream cheese
- 400g vegetarian or vegan Quorn pieces
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or parsley, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas
- A pinch salt and pepper
For the glaze
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 40cm square, or large enough to cover a pie dish with a 10cm overhang on all sides. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry into strips 3cm wide.
- Make the lattice top. Lay two strips of pastry on the work surface at right angles, with the ends overlapping. Add new strips one by one, alternating vertical and horizontal strips and weaving them over and under each other to make a pastry lattice sheet. Don’t leave any gaps between the strips. Put the sheet on a baking tray, cover and refrigerate.
- To make the filling, gently fry the leeks in the oil for 5 minutes, then add the paprika and garlic. Stir constantly while you add the flour, then the milk a little at a time. Add the grated cheese, cream cheese, Quorn, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and peas. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste.
- Place the filling in a 25cm square pie dish and allow to cool. Carefully lift the pastry lattice onto the pie dish and press around the edges with a fork to seal. Trim off any excess pastry. Brush the pastry with the glaze and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.