For the dressing
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 5 tsp dried mango powder
- Pinch of salt
For the salad
- 240g brown basmati rice
- 60g red pepper, thinly sliced
- 60g red onion, finely diced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 60g carrot, finely sliced lengthways into 2cm lengths
- 120g fresh mango, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 120g pea shoots
- 120g wild rocket
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing: In a bowl combine the vegan mayonnaise, minced garlic, dried mango powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside to chill.
- To make the salad: Combine the rice, chickpeas, red pepper, carrot, red onion, mango and mint . Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pea shoots and rocket in a shallow serving bowl and spoon the rice mixture on top.
- Add dressing to taste.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?