- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 750g pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped
- 3 sweet apples (1½ roughly chopped, 1½ grated)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 350g rolled oats
- 1 green cardamom, well crushed seeds only
- 1 clove, crushed well
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 600ml almond milk
- Mix the grated apple with the lemon juice. This prevents the apple from discolouring. Set aside.
- Fry the cashews, walnuts and raisins in coconut oil and set aside.
- Put the roughly chopped apples in a saucepan with the pumpkin and add a little water. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until they are mashably soft.
- Mash up the apple and pumpkin a bit by stirring then add the oats, spices and almond milk. Cook until you like the consistency. The more you stir, the creamier it will get.
- Lightly mix in the grated apple and transfer to bowls. Garnish with the fried nuts and raisins.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?