- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts, broken
- 2 tbsp walnuts, broken
- 4 tbsp raisins or sultanas
- 750g pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped
- 3 sweet apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 350g rolled oats
- 1 green cardamom, well crushed seeds only
- 1 clove, crushed well
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 600ml almond milk
- Fry the cashews, walnuts and raisins in coconut oil and set aside.
- Pressure cook the pumpkin and half of the apple (roughly chopped) in 125ml of water for 1 whistle. If you do not have a pressure cooker, just stew the pumpkin and apple in a little water for 5-10 minutes, or even bake them, until they are mashably soft.
- Meanwhile grate remaining apple and mix with lemon juice. This tastes delicious and prevents the apple from discolouring. Set aside.
- Mash up the pumpkin a bit by stirring and add oats, spices and non-dairy milk. Cook until you like the consistency. The more you stir, the creamier it will get.
Lightly mix in the grated apple and transfer to bowls. Garnish with the fried nuts and raisins.
Would you like to see your favourite recipe in our collection? Go to our recipe challenge page and have a go yourself.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?