for the main ingredients
- 2 small avocados
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 198g tempeh, torn into pieces approximately 1½ cm thick
for the Dressing
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vegan horseradish sauce
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- Black pepper, to taste
for the salad
- 170g Florette classic crispy salad
- 100g spring onion, sliced
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 20g pink sushi ginger, shredded
- 70g quinoa, cooked as directed on the pack
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat. Halve the avocados and remove the stones, but keep the skins on. Brush the flesh with a small amount of olive oil and place flesh side down on the hot griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until char lines appear.
- Toss the tempeh in the remaining oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the tempeh for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat until browned and crispy on all sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Season with black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the crispy salad, spring onion, half of the mint and parsley, sushi ginger and quinoa. Divide between four serving dishes.
- To assemble: Top with a griddled half of avocado followed by the crispy tempeh, a drizzle of horseradish dressing and a sprinkling of the remaining mint and parsley.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?