for the sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp low-sodium dark soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 20g ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
For the Stir-fry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and cut into three equal pieces
- 400g frozen edamame beans
- 75g spring greens, shredded
- 50g kimchi
- 200ml vegetable stock made with 1 low-sodium stock cube
- 300g soba noodles, cooked as directed on the pack and drained
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, sliced for garnish
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the spring onion, carrot and pepper. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, edamame beans, spring greens and kimchi. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables along with the stock. Gently bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add a splash of water if the sauce looks a little too thick.
- Stir in the noodles and heat gently for 1-2 minutes until piping hot. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the noodles to warm bowls. Sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds and garnish with sliced red chilli.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?