- 120g couscous
- 180ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 medium dried apricots, chopped
- 6 medium cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Place the couscous in a small shallow bowl or saucepan. Pour over the hot stock, stir and then cover. Leave to sit for 5 minutes then separate with a fork.
- Heat a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the pistachio nuts and pine nuts and toast for 2 minutes until they start to colour. Don’t leave the pan and keep the nuts moving as they can burn easily. Once toasted, transfer to a plate and leave to cool.
- Place the cooked couscous in a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all of the other ingredients and combine well before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?