- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 500ml good quality vegetable stock
- 100ml whole milk
- 150g dried spaghetti
- Small head of broccoli, stalk removed, chopped into small florets
- 16 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 60g frozen peas
- 1 large courgette, spiralised
- 30g vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Small bunch of mixed herbs (such as parsley, thyme and mint), roughly chopped
- 100g soft vegetarian goat’s cheese, roughly chopped⁄torn
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and fry gently for a couple of minutes until the onions start to go translucent. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the stock and milk. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the spaghetti. Lower the heat so there’s a gentle bubble, then place a lid or some foil on the pan. Turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti, then add in the broccoli, stir, place the lid back on and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the asparagus, cook with the lid on for 2 mins, then add the peas and spiralised courgette. Cover again and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir in the vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, lemon juice and herbs, and dot on the goat’s cheese before serving.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?