For the main recipe
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & cubed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 spring onions, topped, tailed & cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 baby courgettes
- 1000ml groundnut oil oil for grilling
- 6 kebab skewers
- Basmati rice, to serve
For the peanut dressing
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 115g unsalted roasted peanuts, ground
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl and pour on the marinade, making sure the vegetables are evenly coated. Cover and leave for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To make the peanut dressing, heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry the shallot or onion until starting to brown. Add the chilli powder and cook for one minute. Stir in the marinade or Teriyaki sauce, garlic, sugar and ground peanuts. Stir well. Add the coconut milk a little at a time. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for two minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Put the rice on to boil.
- Thread the marinated vegetables onto skewers. Brush with a little oil and grill over the coals for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Gently re-heat the peanut dressing.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of rice, drizzled with peanut dressing.