- 1.25kg Jersey Royal new potatoes, peeled
- 50g wild rocket, washed
- 35g shelled walnuts
- 25g flaked almonds
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp stock powder
- 3 tsp very finely chopped rosemary
- 8 free range eggs
- Season to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Grease a 20-25cm square ovenproof dish.
- Slice the new potatoes quite thinly. Divide the slices between the dishes in 2 or 3 layers, sprinkling each layer with a pinch of salt, a grind of pepper, using 1 ½ tsp of the rosemary for all the layers. Use 2 tsp of the stock powder to make up some stock with 250ml boiling water. Pour this over the potatoes so that the stock comes about half way up the potatoes.
- Use a little of the oil to brush the top of the potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to colour the top slightly.
- Meanwhile, put the rocket, walnuts, almonds, garlic, oil, vinegar and remaining stock powder and rosemary into a liquidizer and blend until you have a soft paste consistency.
- When the potatoes are cooked, poach the eggs in a poacher. Serve the eggs on top of each portion of potatoes, with the pesto either spooned on each side of the eggs, or in a separate small bowl for each person.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?