- 75g dried macaroni
- 500ml passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp low-salt vegetable bouillon powder
- 150ml water
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ½ tsp yeast extract
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can chopped spinach, drained and rinsed
- 60g artichokes from a jar, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, cut into strips
- Crusty bread
- In a large saucepan, add the macaroni, passata, tomato puree, garlic powder, celery salt, bouillon powder, water, dried mixed herbs and yeast extract then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes until the pasta is starting to soften, but not yet fully cooked. You may need to add extra water if it dries out too quickly.
- Add the beans, spinach and artichokes then cook for a further 3 minutes until the pasta is fully cooked and the beans are heated through. Season to taste.
- Garnish with a few slices of roasted red pepper for colour.
- Serve with some torn crusty bread.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?