- ½ tbsp oil
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 120g dried red lentils
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 3 tsp fresh herbs, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- A little fresh basil, torn
- A little grated Italian-style hard cheese
- Spaghetti, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it starts to soften and then add the garlic, carrot and celery. Fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and herbs and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately with cooked spaghetti or other pasta and garnish with some fresh basil and some grated Italian-style hard cheese.
Nutrition per serving