- 4 cloves garlic, left whole and unpeeled
- 1000g mixed vegetables, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- A pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces. Garlic cloves should be skinned and left whole. Place in a roasting tin.
- Mix the oil with the herbs and seasoning, and the lemon juice if using. Pour over the vegetables and toss thoroughly. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and well browned, then use in the recipe of your choice.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?