- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 250g soya mince
- 125g baby spinach
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 120g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g mixed Salad
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 7.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and place directly on the oven shelf. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender all the way through when pierced with a knife.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers to the pan and fry gently for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and half of the dried oregano plus 3 tbsp water. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the mixture over a gentle heat, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Place the soya mince on a baking tray and toss in the remaining oil and dried oregano. Roast for 15 minutes, turning halfway through until the mince is browned and crispy on the surface.
- Lay the spinach on top of the vegetable mixture, replace the lid and cook gently for 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Add ¾ of the mince to the pepper mixture and stir to combine. Season with black pepper.
- To serve: Cut the potatoes down the centre and serve topped with the vegetable filling, a sprinkling of cashew nuts and the remaining mince on top. Serve with a mixed salad.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?