- 300g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 50g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar/condiment (or white wine or cider vinegar)
- Black pepper
- 200g halloumi cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp small capers
- Heat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Place the Tenderstem, garlic and oil in a large roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and walnuts and roast for a further 5 minutes. The broccoli should be tender by now and the tomatoes just beginning to split.
- Take out of the oven and mix in the vinegar with the baking juices in the pan ensuring all the vegetables are coated and season with black pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan and griddle the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Plate individually, placing the halloumi on the bottom, piling the salad with all its juices on top with the avocado and capers.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?