- 300g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 50g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar/condiment (or white wine or cider vinegar)
- Black pepper
- 200g halloumi cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp small capers
- Heat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Place the Tenderstem, garlic and oil in a large roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and walnuts and roast for a further 5 minutes. The broccoli should be tender by now and the tomatoes just beginning to split.
- Take out of the oven and mix in the vinegar with the baking juices in the pan ensuring all the vegetables are coated and season with black pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan and griddle the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Plate individually, placing the halloumi on the bottom, piling the salad with all its juices on top with the avocado and capers.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?