For the apple base
- 5 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- 45g sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
For the topping
- 170g vegan margarine
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 200g oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Evenly spread the apples around an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter or vegan margarine. Add the flour, brown sugar, and oats and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Evenly spread the oat mixture on top of the apples so that it completely covers them, then gently press down the oats with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples have turned soft and mushy – you can test this with a knife.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?