- 150g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, zest only
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 5g fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- Place spaghetti in large pan of boiling water and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until tender.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes become really soft and the oil has begun to take on an orange colour.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add it to the tomatoes, along with the chopped herbs. Stir to combine, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?