- 150g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, zest only
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 5g fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- Place spaghetti in large pan of boiling water and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until tender.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes become really soft and the oil has begun to take on an orange colour.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add it to the tomatoes, along with the chopped herbs. Stir to combine, then serve.
Nutrition per serving