The Information Standard
The Information Standard is a quality mark supported by NHS England that helps people to choose reliable health and social care information.
The Vegetarian Society has been accredited since 2012 and we continue to update our publications and resources in line with the Standard. We are regularly assessed to ensure our information continues to meet the guidelines.
How does the Information Standard help us maintain the quality of our publications?
The Information Standard helps us make sure that The Vegetarian Society:
- provides clear, accessible information for everyone on vegetarian subjects
- helps people who are vegetarian make informed choices about health and nutrition and maintain a healthy vegetarian diet
- assures health and social care professionals, and those catering for vegetarians, that our information is up to date, evidence-based and reviewed regularly.
How you can get involved
Send us feedback
We're always looking for feedback on our publications, webpages and resources, so please let us know what you think.
If you have any comments please get in touch.
- Are there any aspects of vegetarian health and nutrition that we don't currently cover?
- Did you find some of our information difficult to understand?
- Have any of our resources helped you to go, or stay, vegetarian?
Join one of our Health Information Insight Panel (HIP)
You could also sign up to one of our Health Information Insight Panels and help us create and review our publications.
We're particularly keen to hear from people who have recently become vegetarian, or who want to know about how to approach a particular life stage as a vegetarian such as pregnancy, parenthood or getting toward older age.
We'd also like to hear from health or social care professionals working with people who are vegetarian such as health visitors, care home managers and so on. Your input can help us make our resources so much more relevant to you in your professional role.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 925 2000.
The Information Standard’s member logo
The Vegetarian Society shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of the Vegetarian Society.