Love your food this Valentine’s Day
2 February 2016
This February show someone you care by creating a delicious meal that will leave them feeling loved, nourished and glowing with health from the inside out. Visit www.unstuffed.org.uk to take a look at the recipes - all designed for two people to share. It’s free to sign up to Unstuffed and you won’t be on your own, thousands of people are already enjoying the mouth-watering collection of inspirational meals and snacks.
The top five favourite recipes so far are:
1. Cauliflower, potato and spinach curry
2. Mixed bean casserole with avocado
3. Cajun Quorn with coriander rice and mango salsa
4. Pearl barley risotto with feta
5. Chocolate and clementine mousse
John Soonaye, from the Vegetarian Society, said: "This Valentine’s Day show how much you care with a home-cooked meal for two. From colourful tomato bruschetta and tasty Ghanaian stew, to tempting chocolate and clementine mousse, there’s something for everyone. These recipes aren’t just delicious, stylish and flavour-packed, they’re also nourishing and healthy so you’ll be caring for your Valentine’s heart as well as winning it over!”
There are five weeks of recipes to choose from. All the meal plans have been developed by expert nutritionists to ensure they are nutritionally balanced and provide all the nutrients necessary for optimal health. If you don't want to follow each weekly menu plan then you can browse the recipes to find tasty ‘meat-free’ meal ideas for a few nights each week.
The Vegetarian Society is a charity that influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle. Being a vegetarian is a choice that is kinder to animals, to people and to our living planet. Established in 1847, we are the oldest vegetarian organisation in the world. Visit www.vegsoc.org for more information.
Notes to editors
- For more information about Unstuffed visit www.unstuffed.org.uk - contact Su on 0161 925 2000.
- A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or slaughter by-products. Visit the website for lots more information www.vegsoc.org
- Unstuffed is a meal plan which meets macro and micro nutrients based on a 2000 kcal intake.
- Unstuffed is bought to you by the Vegetarian Society who commissioned registered dietitian Diana Hawdon and registered nutritionist Rob Hobson to develop each of the menus.